Try these tips to get the most out of your outside condensing unit in terms of comfort and energy savings.
- Clear condensing unit: Make sure there is enough space around the condenser to allow good air flow. Trim plants and bushes that are growing near by the unit to avoid any type of blockage.
- Check air filter: If your air filter gets clogged, air flow is greatly reduced. Make sure to change it or clean it as often as every one to three months.
- Look at the registers: Central air works best if air can flow through the house freely. Make sure there is not any furniture blocking registers or cold-air returns.
Maintaining your equipment is the first step in avoiding problems and unexpected expenses. Call Efficient Cooling Concepts, Inc. today to have a professional maintenance check-up which includes:
- Checking thermostat settings
- Tighten loose electrical connections
- Lubrication of moving parts
- Check A/C refrigerant levels
- Cleaning of condensate drains
- Drain pan treatment
- Measure for correct air flow
- Clean or replacing air filters
- Cleaning evaporator and air condition coils